Monday, December 28, 2009

Ambulance Companies In Chicago Is It Illegal For EMT's To Go Code 3 In Private Ambulance Companies?

Is it illegal for EMT's to go Code 3 in private ambulance companies? - ambulance companies in chicago

Sounds like a silly question, but here is the dilemma. I was an EMT-B for a few months and we have a private company working west of Chicago. I went code 3 (lights and sirens) a reasonable amount and I have suspended recently because my boss told me never EMT lights and sirens. I said we should have the lights to write the cab of the ambulance and yellow color on the page. I told him that we were trained in the rules and how to use lights. I have never been neglected, and has always taught, it is best to diagnose it in time. Why do I sometimes get off. I'm often in situations that are still very much very quickly. My boss (who knows nothing about EMS) said it is illegal for me to use it, unless I'm working with a doctor and that's all. I do not think that's true. Is there a manual or something there, documenting the actual laws, EMS providers may or may not. I really want to know. Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment